Thursday, December 22, 2022

Hymns for Christmas and the New Year

After my last post where I shared my latest Christmas hymn, I got the bug to share ALL of my Christmas/Winter/New Year hymns in one place. Some pleasant Christmas break hours later, I present to you:

To Us a Child of Hope is Born
Hymns for Christmas and the New Year

This FREE collection of 19 original hymn tunes can be downloaded here by clicking on the text above. 

I know that in the week of Christmas-New Years I always end up playing more at the piano. Perhaps these hymns could provide some musical moments of meditation for you as you celebrate the holidays and launch into 2023.

The collection should print out just fine on 8.5x11 (double sided) if you select 'fit to page'. As is, it is designed to print out at hymnal size on 6x9 paper which I custom cut for my own at-home copy. 



I did all the typography/design myself. My only wish is that I use that old fashioned bass clef from many old hymnals in my collection:

As a reminder, all of my currently available hymns can be found on this page: rmichaelwahlquist.com/hymns 

I say currently available because I've written over 80 new hymns since 2020 and there is a (big) lag between composing the hymn and typesetting them for posting on my site.

No comments: